Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Slurry, Screwed and Social Security

Well, it's been quite the day...no photos this time.
7am.
Our street got a new fresh coat of slurry today. We parked the cars up the hill but fortunately did not have to use them as our schedules allowed us to be home today.
8am.
Mike's schedule changed as he received the "we have to let you go" call from his boss.
10am.
I turned 62 in July and have been toying with the thought of applying for Social Security. I won't get enough to really make a big difference, but, we decided to do it. Figured out it would take 10 years to make up the extra $200+ I would receive if I waited until age 66. When you look at your SS deductions on your pay check, know that $600 of your SS payments will come to me :) Thanks!

The positive is, we have been here, done this before and MG Consulting is set up and ready to take off again. Just have to figure out health insurance and all that stuff. And drum up clients that have StarTeam.

On to the next chapter. I like to look at periods in life as chapters.

2 comments:

Michelyn said...

Well, that phone call is a bummer! But I truly get inspiration from your positive outlook.

Nicole said...

Yeah, being "let go" can't be great. And, you might as well grab Social Security while you can...take my share, I doubt I'll ever see it! :)