My brother is really enjoying life in his 'apartment' at an assisted living facility (Silvergate, Fallbrook). Most of you know he had a motorcycle accident in 1985 that left him with a head injury and multipal physical challenges. After the most recent total hip replacement in December 08, he has recovered with no pain now! He is comfortable and independent.
We visited David to celebrate his 61 birthday. I am his 'older sister'. David is all smiles. I am only 14 months older!Mom came along and this is another photo angle of his room. Mom is only 5 minutes away and does his laundry and checks in on him during the week. Mike and I brought birthday gifts and helped with tasks like battery changes in his camera etc. The door on the left is the bathroom and then the exit to the entrance. He is so happy and so are we! Tomorrow he visits the Birch Aquariam in San Diego on a field trip!

2 comments:
It's so cool to see his place! It's reminds of being in a dorm in college - very glad that he is feeling better and thriving at his new place.
I love "The Shack" sign! and I'm so happy he's not in any pain!
Post a Comment