'The Butterfly Lady" Kris E. spoke at the Casa on Wednesday at lunch time. We had about 40 people turn out to learn about butterflies. Kris is a garden club member and has been my mentor for the Casa butterfly garden.
Kris started a butterfly garden at a local elementry school. We went to help the parents and children clean up the garden on Friday.They also have rain barrels. I helped this little guy get water from the rain barrel to water the plants. We haven't had much rain and it is amazing how much water is collected from one portable classroom roof! The children love working in the butterfly gardens and learn so much. Even the parents expressed how much they learn, working beside garden clubbers.

1 comment:
I think of Kris when I see butterflies flitting about! But gosh, I can't seem to find them sitting still long enough to try and identify them. We did see lots of bluebirds though on our camping trip!
Post a Comment