We have lived in our 'final destination' home in San Clemente for 6 years. Every now and then we have golf balls show up in the driveway, flower beds, I have seen them land and bounce. Well, Thursday afternoon I was watering on the back deck and heard a loud THUD and kind of explosion sound. I turned around and saw the glass on top of the bar was shattered. I assumed it was the heat wave that made it expand and explode (85 at the beach is a heat wave).
I called Mike out and he saw that there was a definite impression -about golf ball size- in the glass. Then scanning the area, found an errant golf ball within view, down the canyon, just past the deck. It could have easily bonked me on the head! Mike called the sherrif and made a report as to the golfers on the hill above us to remind them their balls must land somewhere!!!Then Friday we took off for a fix-it weekend at the cabin in Big Bear. Here I am, after raking 15 bags of pine needles! The hammock is from Cancun! The kids got us a beautiful hammock for the deck in San Clemente and we brought it to Big Bear and everyone loved it so much. I had a goal to find a simple one, for the cabin, from the Maya People in Cancun. It does not compare to mine at home, but will be fun for the cabin.
The first thing I do when we arrive at the cabin is to put out sunflower seeds to attract the local birds and squirrels. It takes them a bit of time to realize we are there so that is my first priority. Here are Nuthatches draining the bird feeder within one day! The Flickers, Steller Blue Jays and Squirrels help pick up what is left over. Much pleasure for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment