When my children and grandchildren suffer, I feel it too. Do you know what I mean?
This has been a traumatic week for Randy and I am glad I could be with him and Staci and stay in their home to help with Siena from Monday -Wednesday during these stressful days.
Randy had a 'conditioning hike' up Mt. Whitney with a very experienced Scout leaders group on Monday. The most horrible thing happened when Kent Ashcraft (Google him and Mt. Whitney), fell to his death from ice that gave way while sitting to retrieve his camera... Randy stayed by his side for 3 hours while the others went for help. A most traumatic life event that most of us have never experienced. My heart aches.
Then, the next day Staci had Dr. appointments (I had planned to be there to watch Siena anyway). She was hospitalized for observations of possible early labor symptoms (she is 6 mos along). That was really worrisome, now, a couple days later all has settled down a bit and she is doing OK with required resting, no long walks etc. We all want baby girl 'Firecracker' to wait till the Fourth of July before gracing us with her presence.
As a Mom, I wish I could make it all better. With grandchildren, a kiss and band aid usually will make it better. I wish the tough life experiences of our children could all be handled by a kiss and band aid. I want to be the sticky part of the band aid for them. I'll stick with them in the tough times and promise it won't hurt to pull the band aid off...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment