Monday, September 15, 2008

Flowers in September

Spent some time in the garden this weekend. The plants around the BBQ are looking especially pretty. The 3 balls hanging are all blooming at the same time. On top is a plectranthus, middle a geranium that never stops blooming and the bottom a "stepable" geranium. Very compact. There is a pretty alyssum in there too. On the ground is a succulent. The water drips from plant to plant. Next to the BBQ is a Strawberry tree with coleus in the pot. The tall square pot has a varigated Bower vine, not blooming but the leaves are attractive.
This Mandevilla plant never stops blooming! It takes no care, only water and the only pests I have seen are occasional aphids. Shoot them off with a water hose a couple times and they are gone. I planted some seeds too, cilantro, lettuce and sweet peas. Now if the rabbit that likes to come sit by the herb garden will just leave the new little sprouts alone...I only see him sitting there, acting inocent. He is pretty cute tho. Until I catch him eating my seed sprouts.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: