Thursday, May 15, 2008

Casa Romantica Garden work day

Today I tackled a new project. Planting a garden from a plan, note first photo. All the books and articles tell us to have a plan. Well, a volunteer put our verbal thoughts for the Spanky garden into a really cool, professional plan! I bought some of the plants and substituted some plants that were on the list. My challenge is to try to place the plants, following the plan...not enough of these...the native poppies are still blooming where those plants are supposed to go - according to the plan. Took a lot of adjusting but it was a fun and exhausting day planting the Spanky Chang Garden. Not a bad view tho.

The Spanky Chang garden is named after the Chang families beloved dog, Spanky. I chose to develop the garden as a Children's Garden. I have plants that are non poisonous, fragrant, and with fun names. Lion's Tail, Cool-aid plant, Peppermint geranium, Sunflowers, Snapdragons, Spanish Lavender... The slate stones shaped like a T-bone invite children to come explore the garden.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelyn said...

That last picture is a really nice shot! Love the pier in the background.