Sunday, August 19, 2007

Playing in the garden

A trip through the garden is my favorite time to spend with everyone who comes over. They all know what's up when I ask "anyone want to go outside?"
It is especially fun with the grandchildren. It is amazing how much they remember from visit to visit. Aubrey always wants to look for worms around the compost pile. Garrett loves to play with the rocks and splash in the fountain (named Bob).

Garrett playing with the rocks in the herb garden's dry river bed.
I think the little ones look so cute around the bridge.

Aubrey and I pulling out a six foot high celery plant that I let go to seed.
Nicole enjoyed harvesting the seeds from the plant. They have a really intense celery flavor. We will use them as seasoning in the kitchen and plant some in the spring for a new crop of celery.

Aubrey loves to water my plants on the deck.




No comments: