Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DD, Gardenfest and bloomin' gloves

I was installed as the District Director for all Orange County Garden Clubs. Annie, current DD was happy to hand over the gavel, her hand pottered vase and a tiara. Fun.

My job will be bringing Garden Club information from the State level down to the District and feed it to Club presidents. There are 23 clubs and about 1300 members. It will involve attending State conventions and conducting 4 meetings a year. I have a great, enthusiastic board so should be fun.

Our garden club held it's annual Gardenfest. We had tons of plants for sale that we propagated.


This year the Gardenfest flea market included floral design competition among local florists. Artists from our local art association painted the designs. I enjoy watching them work.



Washing garden gloves to take back to Casa for my faithful Monday morning volunteers. My garden is blooming gloves!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: