Sunday, March 6, 2011

Putting Sheila to 'bed'

My friend and 'walkie talkie' buddie Sheila, passed away last November. Her hubby, Barry, wanted a few local close friends to help put her ashes to 'bed'. We did that yesterday. Barry also wanted us to take any clothes, hats, business bags, etc. as he will be donating it all soon.
So, we doned hats for a photo---we all had fun picking the hat that looked best on us-by our collective opinions :) I wore the SPF 50 hat she wore on our walks. I will definitely wear it while working outside.

We had a lot of laughs and they convinced me that the RED silk jacket was so ME!

Then we went to the local church where her ashes were placed.

Barry placing them in her spot. It has a beautiful ocean view. That's where I want to be, too!

It was a wonderful uplifting gathering of her closest friends, sharing memories, laughs and we all want to get together again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: