Casa wanted to honor veterans by offering a tile you could buy to honor someone.
I chose the spot for the tiles...at the foot of the stairs that previously went nowhere.
We covered the newly placed tiles with red fabric then I unveiled them at the end of the ceremony.
I am at the right, standing beside the tiles listening to the ceremony with Marine, Community and Casa dignitaries talking, then Taps were played by a local high school student. Very touching. We had about 150 people attend. Most were behind me.I chose the spot for the tiles...at the foot of the stairs that previously went nowhere.
We covered the newly placed tiles with red fabric then I unveiled them at the end of the ceremony.
Casa surprised Rod-he insisted on a photo together- with a tile. He is a former Marine, operates the tree service that the City uses for tall trees and he donates time to Casa to take care of my tree issues and drops off a dump truck load of mulch for me every few months...all donated!

No comments:
Post a Comment