Sunday, April 11, 2010

ME a Floral Design Winner!

This weekend was our Garden Club's annual GardenFest. Mike and I worked long and hard helping set up on Friday and a long day Saturday during the event. The theme was Green and Sustainable. There were lots of vendors, children's activities and contests. It was a great event that the San Clemente Garden Club gives to the community every year.
I entered the Floral Design Contest. That is not my forte, but gathered a handful of things from my garden and put together a Floral Arrangement to enter in the contest.
Voting was Peoples Choice and I won First Place!
I am looking a little exhausted after two long days. Anyway, my arrangement consisted of everything from my garden. Lemons, yellow hibiscus, Texas Gold Columbine, Yellow roses, Calla Lilly, Papyrus, and Japanese Tea Tree. I almost 'named ' it Mellow Yellow-until I added the Tea Tree.
I also entered my planted 'toddler's bed' in the Funky Container contest and won 2nd place :)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelyn said...

That is SO COOL!!!!! I think I know exactly where in your garden to find all of those plants/flowers!!!!