Thursday, December 24, 2009

December events

Garden club holiday luncheon was lovely.
Here I am with my dear friend, Sheila who has outsmarted Cancer by 13 months!
This photo of one of the Casa gardens taken in December.
At the evening events, the courtyard of the Casa is beautiful all lit up for Christmas.
We had a volunteer appreciation party for docents and garden volunteers at the Casa. About 80 people were there. I presented the first ever 'garden volunteer of the year' award and encouraged the house docents to venture out into the gardens.

Another monthly event I enjoy participating in (Mike too, when he can) is helping with the garden club activity at the local Adult Day Care Center. Here we are helping clients assemble a card to take home. (we are not in the photo).

Another monthly event we participate in is the Junior Garden program at a local school. We help with the butterfly garden, weeding, showing children and their parents how to deadhead flowers etc.

I really believe in supporting the activities I am interested in throughout the year, not just during the holidays. There are plenty of people that come out during the holidays. However, to do holiday activities and receive the special welcome as they recognize year around supporters is very rewarding.

No comments: