Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Garden Club Luncheon

Today we had 60 + club members attend the installation luncheon on our deck. It was a beautiful day with overcast/breeze then sunshine and probably 75 degrees. Nice for an outside event.
We celebrated many accomplishments that our club was recognized for this past year. We recieved 15 awards from the State level of garden clubs. We were tops in our class in the State of CA in awards! I won first on a Bluebird award I submitted and helped with another one that won first place.
Here I am with the incoming California Garden Club State President, Maryanne Lucas on my right and our club Secretary, Lori Johnson.
My garden, ready for the visitors...wish I could show it as I see it :) This is the 'dry river bed' going through the herb garden with the fountain and papyrus at the very top of the photo. The pink Cala lillies (front right) were given to us by Nicole and Mark for our anniversary 3 years ago and this year they decided to shine :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelyn said...

It looks like it was A LOT of fun -- I am awed by those pink callas! I've not seen them in the garden before - I was shocked to see you've had them for three years! They're beautiful!