There is never a typical work day at the Casa. My volunteers and me have gathered mountains of garden trimmings that need to be chipped and composted. I rounded up a local tree trimming company that has done work for the Casa in past years. Rod's Tree Service agreed to volunteer his services to clean up my huge piles of garden trimmings. I was dissappointed they couldn't chip it up and put it in my compost bin-too many weeds and material that would ruin their blades. So they hauled many wheelbarrow full to the green waste. Would I ever love to have that crew for a few hours a week!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Casa workday
There is never a typical work day at the Casa. My volunteers and me have gathered mountains of garden trimmings that need to be chipped and composted. I rounded up a local tree trimming company that has done work for the Casa in past years. Rod's Tree Service agreed to volunteer his services to clean up my huge piles of garden trimmings. I was dissappointed they couldn't chip it up and put it in my compost bin-too many weeds and material that would ruin their blades. So they hauled many wheelbarrow full to the green waste. Would I ever love to have that crew for a few hours a week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment