Went to Scroggins, TX (2 hrs. East of Dallas) to visit Aunt Claire and cousin Joyce. We celebrated Aunt Claire's 89th birthday with the local band playing on their carport. 35 neighbors attended. This was truly 'country'!
I met another cousin, John, for the first time. He is the son of Mom and Claire's brother, John. They lived in Montana. John and Caroline are retired in Mt. Pleasant, TX. John is a big help to Joyce and Claire.
Mom enjoyed visiting with her sister Claire and I had fun catching up with Joyce, enjoying the wildlife and birds.
Front: Mom (Ellanor), Aunt Claire. Back: Launa and Joyce
The electricity was out so we ate lunch meat by candlelight for dinner!
I am hiking the wooded area around the house. Lots of beautiful cardinals. Look at the unusual wavy branch/root hanging from the tree.
Look at all that Norwegian energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment